Orthodontics For Teens
Braces your way!
So you just heard you need braces...don't worry! Braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past. Some common options include:
- Traditional metal braces
- Clear braces
- Clear aligners
- Wild smiles
How long will I have to wear braces?
The amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on two key factors:
- What needs correction - The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long you will be in braces. It may take one patient only 12-14 months to complete their treatment, while it may take another patient 24-26 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and what is needed to give you an extraordinary smile!
- YOU! - Your participation in your orthodontic treatment is essential. You play a major role in how efficiently your treatment progresses. Your willingness to use the appliances or elastics as prescribed, being mindful not to break brackets and keeping your scheduled appointments are truly key factors in making your treatment shorter! You are in control!
What food should I avoid while wearing braces?
We want you to enjoy your braces experience, so here's a quick list of foods to avoid:
- Sticky foods - Laffy taffy, Hot tamales, Gummy bears, Fruit chews
- Hard foods - hard candy, bagel, pizza crust, ice
- Foods that require biting into - apple, carrots, ribs, corn on the cob All you have to do is cut them into bite size pieces!
Orthodontic treatment is a big part of life for many people your age. We keep it fun at our office. Now, go hug your parents for giving you this gift, and tell them "Thank you!"
Mon: 8am - 5pm
Tues: 8am - 6pm*
Wed: 8am - 6pm*
Thu: 7am - 5pm*
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Closed
*Extended Hours for Before or After School Appointments!